End of summer, start of a new season: September has become the “new black” for re-orientation and growth thoughts-if not downright decisions.
This “back-to-school” feeling is really appropriate for positive questions and reflections, ideally leading to relevant personal and professional actions.
We suggest to take some time to answer any -or all!- of the following. Focus on what can be done, on what could be concrete along the themes:
- What makes me feel good?
- What actions do I take to succeed?
- What energy do I invest in building and maintaining relationships?
Looking back at the first half of the year with a light view on possible ‘lessons learned’
- How would I describe or summarize my semester in a few words?
- Who were the two (or more…) people whom have had an impact on my work and my behaviour? Obviously the next question would be: why?
- What can I learn from my past term’s biggest risk and achievement or -yes- failure?
- Which help or service have I sincerely provided on the job?
Entering the new term re-energized:
- What would I like to learn this semester and beyond? Which talent or skill would I like to develop?
- Which project(s) will I manage successfully -for sure!
- What would make me (even more-) happy or cheerful this term? lots of ideas here, aren’t there…?
- What would I really like to undertake professionnally and how could I concretely make it happen?
- Which colour, symbol, word, theme would I give to this new term?
Enjoy this opportunity for a new start or for progressing positively on your current projects!